It’s almost been a year since I last wrote here. A lot has happened. There’s too much to mention, but here are the highlights:
- Ashley and I bought a house to renovate.
- Ashley and I bought a dog.
- Ashley and I got engaged.
- Ashley got pregnant.
- Ashley sold her old place.
- I gained a ton of weight.
- The world went insane.
As you might have noticed, much of what’s happened in the last year revolves around my relationship. That’s been a foundation for the rest of the changes in my life. After a year of chaos I have learned something important.
Less is more.
A house filled with clutter, too many jobs, too many commitments, and social media in general have proven to be too much. I have to do a few things in order to feel sane:
- Clean, constantly
- Reduce the amount of sidework I take on.
- Stop saying yes to everything.
- Stay off of social media.
I have found when I am too busy, I get less done than I would with less going on. So, I’ve removed a lot of extra from my life. It feels pretty good.Tags: clean minimal minimalist personal social media