I have been lean, fat, and all things in my life. When I focus my spare time on fitness I am the most happy. I have learned a few things along the way. I share all that stuff here.
- Qalo Ring PhotoshootLuke’s final photoshoot, for the Qalo ring (as well as some lady’s apparel items that sadly didn’t feature me).
- Resiliency Project PhotoshootLatest photoshoot for the Resiliency Project. I’ve done a few photo shoots with Luke before. He’s a great photographer, and a great friend. Stoked to have some awesome sponsors for this. I’ve been a fan of graston technique since I tore my pec in 2014. The Leopard Claw’s samurai sword shape (@leopard_claw) helps reach areas […]
I started writing code around 2001/2002. I was in college to become a civil engineer. Once I got into the rabbit hole of writing code, I never turned back. Many things have been learned along the way. I share my experience about it all here.
- CIS L1 and L2 Server Security for UbuntuLately, I’ve been tasked with ensuring server security compliance with CIS Security Standards for our EC2 instances. This is a major focus for a technology company promoting security compliance in the healthcare industry. We’ve got a lot of servers running a lot of different things. Obviously, manually updating servers to comply with the standard isn’t […]
- Retro Peripheral Setup – Mechanical Keyboard and StuffI switched out my Apple peripherals for a mechanical keyboard and ergonomic mouse. It’s got a retro feel that’s awesome.
Life has given me a lot of chance to grow. I have a storied past. Plenty of it was written here first over the years. I share a lot of deeply personal things here. I have a good friend who use to tell me: “Dude, you vomit honesty”. Hope this doesn’t make you sick.
- Humility – The Medicine The World Needs in 2020True knowledge exists in knowing that you know nothing. Socrates I’ve written and rewritten this post more than once. This is tough to write. On one hand, I’m writing about the need for humility in discussion in public forums. I’m writing about the need to acknowledge fault and imperfection in beliefs and thoughts. On the […]
- State of Blogging in 2020The state of blogging in 2020 is not good. A couple of weeks ago, I decided to get off of social media. I’ve been pretty frustrated with the direction of social media and people at large. I’ve been keen on the idea of decentralization of the web for a while. Trying to get back into […]